Best makeup brushes under $10 #makeup_tips
The makeup tools you use are as important as the makeup itself. There are a lot of expensive brushes out there (Sigma, MAC, and Bobbi Brown, to name a few) and yes, a lot of times they are worth the investment, but there are other basics out there that can be just as amazing, and don't drain your wallet. like:
1. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, $8
It took me a while to get used to this brush because its so dense. It almost feels as if you're just smearing a layer of foundation around on the surface, which seemed weird at first, but I quickly saw that it made for an amazing, flawless result. Perfect for any liquid foundation. you can get it from here.
2. Eco Tools Large Powder Brush, $7
This is the softest, fluffiest brush I own. I love it so much, I bought a second one for backup. I use it to apply my setting powder directly after my foundation, and it allows the powder to glide on smoothly without affecting my foundation. Definitely a must-have. you can get it from here.
3. Real Techniques Blush Brush, $9
I don't see many blush brushes with this unique dome shape. It makes for precise application and perfect for just hitting the apples of your cheeks, or anywhere else, plus its really soft. Can also be used for bronzer. you can get it from here.
4. Real Techniques Contour Brush $7.50
This brush works well for contouring, highlighting (bridge of nose, around eyebrow, and cheek), laying down a base eyeshadow over the lid, working some color into the eye crease (use the very tip only), for blush (when using contour and highlight)...and for 'setting' smaller areas of the face. (This is useful when setting with powder under the eyes, around the nose, when you want to remove the shine from some areas, and let other areas remain more 'dewy'.) Easy to clean, holds up well. you can get it from here.
5. Elf Essentials Blending Brush, $6
I must say I waited on this item with some trepidation because the price was so reasonable, but I needn't have worried because it arrived ahead of schedule in good order. The bristles are soft and haven't shed. Even after the first shampoo. Overall a very good product. you can get it from here.
6. Real Techniques Shading Brush, $6
I love, love, love this brush. That's all you need to know, right?! I use it for lots of things, mainly for applying a darker shade to my outer corner; but I also use it to smudge out my eyeliner when I want a smokier outer corner, or smudge it out to make a more natural, imprecise line. You'll probably find lots of uses for it as well! you can get it from here.





Post a Comment